There’s no doubt about it- a quinceanera is not only an important event, it is usually an extravagant and lavish one along the lines of a wedding reception. As with all events this large, careful planning and organization is the key to make a quinceanera successful. Like brides who prepare months, even years, before their wedding, a young girl about to have a quinceanera needs a checklist of things to be accomplished and a schedule to accomplish them. One year before the big day is the ideal time to begin preparing.
Planning Your Quinceanera Checklist:
12 Months before
- Set the date and reserve it in your church or quinceanera location..
- Choose the venue for the celebration and make your reservation.
- Hire a planner if you’re using one and decide on the theme. If you’re not hiring a planner, make sure you also decide on the theme.
- Select sponsors and court of honor.
- Start thinking about your music. You can also start auditioning bands or DJ’s.
6 Months before
- Shop for your quinceanera dress.
- Decide on the dresses of the damas and the formal attire of the chambelans. It’s advisable to have different styles of dresses for damas to choose from.
- Hire a professional makeup artist and hairstylists. Orange County hairstylists and Orange County makeup artist are experts who can create the look you want.
- Decide on service providers for the photographs, videos, decorations, flowers, favors, invitations, etc.
3 months before
- Order the quinceanera cake and finalize the menu.
- Finalize the seating arrangement.
- Address and send out your invitations.
- Select the choreographer and start rehearsals for your dances.
- Purchase accessories like the cake topper, ceremony candles, etc.
- Purchase your shoes, tiara, jewelry. The tiara is important when you have a trial-run styling appointment. Orange County hair stylists can style on location or in the salon.
- Finalize music selections.
- Confirm all reservations and appointments.
- Make sure your dress is wrinkle-free and that you practice walking around in your heels. You’ll want to look good and feel good during your special day!
- Get started on your thank you cards.